Prostate Cancer Specialist Nurse (Ref No: 1215)
Macquarie University Hospital is Australia’s first and only private not-for-profit teaching hospital on a university campus. Modelled on renowned international university hospitals, our approach to treatment is based on combining the best available knowledge, expertise and technology to ensure our patients receive a comprehensive and integrated service, as well as the utmost compassion, support and care.
Set in the expansive grounds of Macquarie University, amid one of the fastest growing areas of Sydney, this stunning, state-of-the-art facility is conveniently placed within walking distance of the Macquarie University train station and is only 25 mins drive from Sydney’s CBD.
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced nurse to work closely with Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia and Macquarie University Hospital to contribute to the continuity and quality of care for patients diagnosed with prostate cancer. This position is a 2 year fixed term contract. This position is complementary to existing positions to provide an effective nursing service for men and families affected by a prostate cancer diagnosis.
The successful applicant must be self-directed and ensure interdisciplinary collaboration across primary, secondary and tertiary health. The successful applicant is required to develop and implement a coordinated, evidenced based, seamless, patient focused approach to providing prostate cancer nursing care. The post may require some travel and attendance at meetings and forums both within state and interstate. The duties will be performed as a Clinical Nurse Consultant.
Essential minimum requirements:
- Registered Nurse in Australia
- Demonstrated relevant advanced level of skill in cancer or urological nursing.
- Demonstrated application of human resource principles at the local level.
- Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills in a multidisciplinary context.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Proven leadership qualities.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Evidence of participation in and commitment to quality improvement and best practice principles.
- Possess or be working toward Bachelor of Nursing or similar.
- Possess or be working towards prostate cancer nursing specific qualification or certificate.
- Patient teaching experience.
- Competence in the use of relevant information technology.
We offer fabulous Employee Benefits including:
- Flexible working conditions
- Competitive remuneration packages
- Salary packaging
- Comfortable and sophisticated working conditions
- Extensive campus-based Sports & Fitness facilities
Macquarie University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity and social inclusion. We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians; people with a disability; those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; and women (particularly for senior and non-traditional vacancies).
Prostate Cancer Specialist Nurse Position Description
Applications will only be accepted via the Hospital’s online system. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications close 1 June 2018.
Apply for this position