Admissions Officer - Casual (Ref No: 1101)
Macquarie University Hospital is Australia’s first and only private not-for-profit teaching hospital on a university campus. Modelled on renowned international university hospitals, our approach to treatment is based on combining the best available knowledge, expertise and technology to ensure our patients receive a comprehensive and integrated service, as well as the utmost compassion, support and care.
Set in the expansive grounds of Macquarie University, amid one of the fastest growing areas of Sydney, this stunning, state-of-the-art facility is conveniently placed within walking distance of the Macquarie University train station and is only 25 mins drive from Sydney’s CBD.
Our Patient Administration Department is currently seeking a dynamic and experienced casual Admissions Officer to provide a high standard of customer service whilst performing administrative duties in relation to the efficient booking and confirmation of theatre, endoscopy and angiography sessions.
In your covering letter please provide your work availability, keeping in mind that the department hours run on shifts falling between 6am and 6pm.
As the successful candidate you will possess:
- At least 2 years administration experience within a medical or hospital environment
- Competent in using various computer software packages
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work to deadlines
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology
- Medical and/or hospital experience with patient administration system (WebPAS)
- Previous experience with health fund checks and/or knowledge of private health insurance
We offer fabulous Employee Benefits including:
- Flexible working conditions
- Competitive remuneration packages
- Salary packaging
- Comfortable and sophisticated working conditions
- Extensive campus-based Sports & Fitness facilities
Macquarie University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity and social inclusion. We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians; people with a disability; those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; and women (particularly for senior and non-traditional vacancies).
Position Description - Admissions Officer
Applications will only be accepted via the hospital's online system.
Should you have any further enquiries please contact Macquarie University Hospital on 9812 3000.
Apply for this position