Career Medical Officer - ICU (Reference No: 1289)
FULL TIME AND PART TIME POSITIONS AVAILABLE - 8 and 12 hour shifts available
Macquarie University Hospital is Australia’s first and only private not-for-profit teaching hospital on a university campus. Modelled on renowned international university hospitals, our approach to treatment is based on combining the best available knowledge, expertise and technology to ensure our patients receive a comprehensive and integrated service, as well as the utmost compassion, support and care.
Set in the expansive grounds of Macquarie University, amid one of the fastest growing areas of Sydney, this stunning, state-of-the-art facility is conveniently placed within walking distance of the Macquarie University train station and is only 25 mins drive from Sydney’s CBD.
We are seeking a medical officer to work in our Intensive Care Unit. You will have at least 3 years post graduate experience, including surgical experience, strong clinical skills and good interpersonal relationships.
- Current registration with AHPRA
- M.B.,B.S or equivalent qualification recognised in Australia
- Minimum two years post-graduate experience in Critical Care specialties (ED, ICU, Anaesthetics) with specific Intensive Care and Anaesthetics rotations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Medical Indemnity Insurance
- Experience within the private health sector
- Vocationally registered
- Current ALS or equivalent training
- Central Venous access and advanced airway skills
- Proficient with use of computer information systems
The successful applicants will work in conjunction with the Macquarie University Hospital Accredited Practitioners in providing clinical management of patients.
You will work as a contractor to the Hospital, we offer a third party billing process for your convenience.
Macquarie University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity and social inclusion. We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians; people with a disability; those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; and women (particularly for senior and non-traditional vacancies).
Career Medical Officer Position Description (PDF 81Kb)
Apply for this position
Applications will only be accepted via the Hospital’s online system. All applicants must currently have the right to work in Australia.
Should you have any further enquiries, please contact the Office of the Director, Clinical Services on (02) 9812 3020.