Registered Nurse - Day Surgery (Parental Leave Cover) (Ref No: 0000dsu)
Macquarie University Hospital is Australia’s first and only private not-for-profit teaching hospital on a university campus. Modelled on renowned international university hospitals, our approach to treatment is based on combining the best available knowledge, expertise and technology to ensure our patients receive a comprehensive and integrated service, as well as the utmost compassion, support and care.
Set in the expansive grounds of Macquarie University, amid one of the fastest growing areas of Sydney, this stunning, state-of-the-art facility is conveniently placed within walking distance of the Macquarie University train station and is only 25 minutes’ drive from Sydney’s CBD and buses.
Macquarie University Hospital is seeking an experienced, motivated and passionate Registered Nurse on a fixed term basis (up to 12 months) to cover a period of parental leave in our Day Surgery Department.
As the successful candidate you will possess:
- Minimum 3 years post graduate Hospital experience
- Current Registration with AHPRA
- Minimum 12 months experience in Day Surgery
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Well-developed skills to manage conflicting tasks and priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multidisciplinary health care team
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality patient care
- Excellent organisational skills and time management
- The ability to work autonomously
- Demonstrated commitment to own personal and professional development
- Flexibility to move between morning and afternoon shifts
- Excellent skills in multitasking
We offer fabulous Employee Benefits including:
- Flexible working conditions – Monday to Friday
- Competitive remuneration packages
- Salary packaging
- Comfortable and sophisticated working conditions
- Extensive campus-based Sports & Fitness facilities
You must have the right to work in Australia.
Macquarie University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity and social inclusion. We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians; people with a disability; those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; and women (particularly for senior and non-traditional vacancies).
Position Description - Registered Nurse
Applications will only be accepted via the Hospital’s online system.
Apply for this Position