Sterilising Services Unit Technician (Ref No: 1068)
Macquarie University Hospital (MUH) is Australia’s first and only private not-for-profit teaching hospital on a university campus. Modelled on renowned international university hospitals, our approach to treatment is based on combining the best available knowledge, expertise and technology to ensure our patients receive a comprehensive and integrated service, as well as the utmost compassion, support and care.
Set in the expansive grounds of Macquarie University, amid one of the fastest growing areas of Sydney, this stunning, state-of-the-art facility is conveniently placed within walking distance of the Macquarie University train station and is only 25 mins drive from Sydney’s CBD.
Macquarie University Hospital is seeking full time staff to join our dynamic team to work in our state of the art sterilising unit. The successful candidate will be responsible for cleaning, inspecting, packaging, sterilising and distributing instruments used for surgical procedures as well as processing and disinfecting flexible scopes and probes in accordance with various industry and organisational policies and procedures. Sterilising
Services Technicians are also responsible for supporting the
Supervisor/Manager and Team Leaders with the development and implementation of
a continuous quality improvement program that will improve customer service and
meet industry standards.
As the successful candidate you will possess:
- Ability to work flexible shifts
- Well developed written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure, maintaining a high quality service
- Sound knowledge of theatre instrumentation and other surgical and medical devices
- Ability to be a team player and work autonomously when needed
- Well-developed customer service skills
- Self -driven, team player and good interpersonal skills
- Certificate III in Health Service Assistance Sterilising Services HLT31107 is advantageous
- Previous experience working in a Sterilising Unit will be highly regarded
We offer fabulous Employee Benefits including:
- Flexible working conditions
- Competitive remuneration packages
- Salary packaging
- Comfortable and sophisticated working conditions
- Extensive campus-based Sports & Fitness facilities
- Priority access to Child Care facilities
Macquarie University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity and social inclusion. We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians; people with a disability; those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; and women (particularly for senior and non-traditional vacancies).
Sterilising Services Technician Position Description
Applications will only be accepted via the hospital's online system.
Should you have any further enquiries please contact Macquarie University Hospital on 9812 3000.
Apply for this Position