Porter (Ref No: 1082)
Macquarie University Hospital is Australia’s first and only private not-for-profit teaching hospital on a university campus. Modelled on renowned international university hospitals, our approach to treatment is based on combining the best available knowledge, expertise and technology to ensure our patients receive a comprehensive and integrated service, as well as the utmost compassion, support and care.
Set in the expansive grounds of Macquarie University, amid one of the fastest growing areas of Sydney, this stunning, state-of-the-art facility is conveniently placed within walking distance of the Macquarie University train station and is only 25 mins drive from Sydney’s CBD.
We are currently seeking a motivated and service-driven Porter on a permanent part time basis. This role will be primarily responsible for transferring patients throughout the hospital Wards and Theatres as well as assisting staff with the movement of patients.
As the successful candidate you will possess:
- High standard of customer service
- Ability to communicate confidently and clearly with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Flexible and positive attitude with the ability to deal with a changing environment
- Excellent written communication skills
- Previous experience in the transportation of patients, equipment and luggage
- Proactive and self-motivated attitude with a desire to learn
- Willingness to participate in quality control and self-development training programs
- Great time management skills
- Previous experience in a private hospital environment
- Health Support Certificate II or Health Support Certificate III is desirable
- Working with Children Clearance and a full Australian driver’s license is required for this position
We offer fabulous Employee Benefits including:
- Flexible working conditions
- Competitive remuneration package
- Salary packaging
- Comfortable and sophisticated working conditions
- Extensive campus-based Sports & Fitness facilities
Macquarie University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity and social inclusion. We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians; people with a disability; those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; and women (particularly for senior and non-traditional vacancies).
Position Description - Porter
Applications will only be accepted via the hospital's online system. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Apply for this Position