Afternoon Floor Coordinator, Endoscopy (Ref No: 1288)
Macquarie University Hospital is Australia’s first and only private not-for-profit teaching hospital on a university campus. Modelled on renowned international university hospitals, our approach to treatment is based on combining the best available knowledge, expertise and technology to ensure our patients receive a comprehensive and integrated service, as well as the utmost compassion, support and care.
Set in the expansive grounds of Macquarie University, amid one of the fastest growing areas of Sydney, this stunning, state-of-the-art facility is conveniently placed within walking distance of the Macquarie University train station and is only 25 mins drive from Sydney’s CBD.
Macquarie University Hospital's Endoscopy department is seeking an experienced Endoscopy nurse to step into an Afternoon Floor Coordinator role. In consultation with the Nurse Unit Manager, the Afternoon Floor Coordinator will be responsible for coordination of the day to day activities of the Endoscopy unit which includes:
- Providing day to day leadership on the floor
- Troubleshooting operational and staffing issues as they arise
- Communicating with staff and clinicians regarding scope list changes or delays
- Planning and coordinating of staffing allocation and equipment requirements
- Development of department rosters
- Participating in performance evaluation and monitoring staff assessments and competencies
- Orientation of new clinicians and provision of IT support
- Supporting staff to manage endoscopic and anaesthetic emergencies in the procedure room
- Reviewing of departmental policies
- Endoscope repairs and coordination of loan scopes
- Monitoring of microbiological testing of Endoscopes
As the successful candidate you will possess:
- Current registration with APHRA
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Endoscopy
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a senior nursing role
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated ability to coordinate and liaise in a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to manage conflicting tasks and priorities
- Experience in anaesthetic nursing in Endoscopy
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work as part of a team and maintain good customer relations with stakeholders
- Sound knowledge and understanding of GENCA guidelines and 4187 sterilising standard
- Experience in Endoscope cleaning and reprocessing
We offer fabulous Employee Benefits including:
- Flexible working conditions
- Competitive remuneration packages
- Salary packaging
- Comfortable and sophisticated working conditions
- Extensive campus-based Sports & Fitness facilities
Macquarie University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity and social inclusion. We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians; people with a disability; those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; and women (particularly for senior and non-traditional vacancies).
Endoscopy Floor Coordinator Position Description
Applications will only be accepted via the Hospital’s online system.
Should you have any further enquiries, please contact Macquarie University Hospital on (02) 9812 3000.
Apply for this Position