Enrolled Nurse - Clinical Trials/Oncology (Ref No: 1290)
Macquarie University Hospital is Australia’s first and only private not-for-profit teaching hospital on a university campus. Modelled on renowned international university hospitals, our approach to treatment is based on combining the best available knowledge, expertise and technology to ensure our patients receive a comprehensive and integrated service, as well as the utmost compassion, support and care.
Set in the expansive grounds of Macquarie University, amid one of the fastest growing areas of Sydney, this stunning, state-of-the-art facility is conveniently placed within walking distance of the Macquarie University train station and is only 25 mins drive from Sydney’s CBD.
We are currently seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Enrolled Nurse on a part time basis who will be responsible for oncology trials patient care, assisting the NUM and Clinical Trials Unit by responding to ad-hoc requests and supporting clinical trials team.
- Experience working in a hospital
- Experience in patient care and completing basic clinical duties
- Experience with venepuncture and cannulation with blood collection
- Ability to multitask, and to work independently as well as part of a team
- Strong organisational skills with the proven ability to work to tight deadlines
- Be able to interact professionally with a variety of stakeholders
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritise while multitasking.
- Knowledge of oncology department infection control requirements
- Clinical trials experience with data entry or keenness to learn clinical trial specifics and follow protocols
We offer fabulous Employee Benefits including:
- Flexible working conditions
- Competitive remuneration packages
- Salary packaging
- Comfortable and sophisticated working conditions
- Extensive campus-based Sports & Fitness facilities
Macquarie University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity and social inclusion. We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians; people with a disability; those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; and women (particularly for senior and non-traditional vacancies).
Enrolled Nurse Position Description
Applications will only be accepted via the Hospital’s online system. Applications will close at 11:55pm on Sunday 25 June 2017.
Should you have any further enquiries, please contact Macquarie University Hospital on (02) 9812 3000.
Apply for this Position