Clinical Nurse Educator - Anaesthetics and Recovery (Ref No: 1294)
Macquarie University Hospital is Australia’s first and only private not-for-profit teaching hospital on a university campus. Modelled on renowned international university hospitals, our approach to treatment is based on combining the best available knowledge, expertise and technology to ensure our patients receive a comprehensive and integrated service, as well as the utmost compassion, support and care.
Set in the expansive grounds of Macquarie University, amid one of the fastest growing areas of Sydney, this stunning, state-of-the-art facility is conveniently placed within walking distance of the Macquarie University train station and is only 25 mins drive from Sydney’s CBD.
We have an exciting opportunity for a suitably experienced Clinical Nurse Educator on a full time basis The successful applicant must have experience facilitating the clinical education of novice, undergraduate, new graduate and experienced nurses as well as porters within the specialty.
The Clinical Nurse Educator (CNE), Recovery & Anaesthetics will work collaboratively with the Nurse Educator Perioperative Services and the Nursing Unit Manager, Post Anaesthetic & Recovery Unit (PACU) and wider hospital team to plan and facilitate education programs to promote optimal educational outcomes with regard to relevant specialties and mandatory nursing competencies. The CNE will promote a culture of development and inquiry which actively encourages and facilitates clinical learning in the unit. The CNE is an expert nursing resource focused on providing educational training skills, knowledge, guidance and clinical support to staff.
The role will incorporate the following:
- Participation in the orientation and competency assessment of new Anaesthetic/Recovery staff to the hospital and the theatre complex
- Participation in the education and mentorship program for Anaesthetic/Recovery staff
- Provision of a regular inservice program to Anaesthetic/Recovery staff
- Supporting the Learning and Development department to achieve compliance with annual mandatory education and competency assessment of Anaesthetic/Recovery staff
- Participation in the quality and audit program within Anaesthetic/Recovery environment
As the successful candidate you will possess:
- Demonstrated relevant and current experience in teaching or education and a demonstrated commitment to clinical teaching of others
- Demonstrated relevant and current experience in Perioperative or Anaesthetics & Recovery nursing at the level of Clinical Nurse Specialist or Registered Nurse
- Stakeholder management skills, ensuring that multiple people with different agendas are working efficiently to the same end
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adapt to changing circumstances
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal communication skills within a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities, establish and achieve agreed objectives
- Demonstrated motivational and problem solving skills
- Evidence of professional development commensurate with the level of autonomy and authority expected of the position
- Demonstrate and lead others in recording and communicating essential information to nursing colleagues and other health professionals
- Demonstrate a commitment to quality improvement and takes an active role in the ISO Certification process to meet ISO9001 standards incorporating Core Standards for Safety and Quality and willingness to initiate and contribute to quality activities
- Adept at fostering positive working relationships
- Strong computer literacy
- Current WWCC or ability to obtain
- Membership of relevant professional organisations
- Post registration certificate in relevant specialty areas or adult education or equivalent
- New South Wales Nurses Registration
We offer fabulous Employee Benefits including:
- Flexible working conditions
- Competitive remuneration packages
- Salary packaging
- Comfortable and sophisticated working conditions
- Extensive campus-based Sports & Fitness facilities
Macquarie University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity and social inclusion. We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians; people with a disability; those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; and women (particularly for senior and non-traditional vacancies).
Clinical Nurse Educator Anaesthetics and Recovery Position Description
Applications will only be accepted via the Hospital’s online system. Applications will close at 11:55pm on 3 August 2017.
Should you have any further enquiries, please contact Macquarie University Hospital on (02) 9812 3000.
Apply for this Position