Nurse Unit Manager - Anaesthetics and Recovery (PACU) (Ref No: 1296)
Macquarie University Hospital is Australia’s first and only private not-for-profit teaching hospital on a university campus. Modelled on renowned international university hospitals, our approach to treatment is based on combining the best available knowledge, expertise and technology to ensure our patients receive a comprehensive and integrated service, as well as the utmost compassion, support and care.
Set in the expansive grounds of Macquarie University, amid one of the fastest growing areas of Sydney, this stunning, state-of-the-art facility is conveniently placed within walking distance of the Macquarie University train station and is only 25 mins drive from Sydney’s CBD.
We have an exciting opportunity for a suitably experienced Anaesthetics and Recovery (PACU) Nurse Unit Manager on a permanent, full time basis. The Anaesthetics and Recovery (PACU) Nurse Unit Manager is responsible for the provision of efficient and effective Anaesthetic and Recovery services that achieve optimal patient outcomes. They ensure the delivery of high quality anaesthesia and recovery nursing care in accordance with legislative requirements and professional guidelines. The Anaesthetics and Recovery Nurse Unit Manager manages the resources and staff of the anaesthetics and recovery team. They will provide management, mentorship and support in the achievement of excellence in nursing practice. The Anaesthetics and Recovery Nurse Unit Manager will promote a culture that embraces best practise and identifies, evaluates and incorporates appropriate emerging trends in the practice of the anaesthetics and recovery care within their team.
As the successful candidate you will possess:
- At least 5 years of recent experience in Anaesthetics/PACU and relevant experience in coordinating an Anaesthetic/PACU service
- An understanding of Surgical Key Performance Indicators
- Management skills with ability to take initiative in resolving issues and problems
- Stakeholder management skills, ensuring that multiple people with different agendas are working efficiently to the same end
- The ability to be flexible and adapt to changing circumstances
- Effective interpersonal communication skills within a multi-disciplinary team, including the ability to collaborate with the Medical & Nursing Program Leads for the provision of Critical Care & Anaesthetic Services
- The ability to set priorities, establish and achieve agreed objectives
- Motivational, problem solving and leadership skills
- Commitment to and working knowledge of Continuous Quality Improvement
- Knowledge of contemporary nursing and health care trends, issues and directions
- Evidence of professional development commensurate with the level of autonomy and authority expected of the position
- The ability to demonstrate and lead others in the delivery of good nursing care and customer service
- Demonstrate and lead others in recording and communicating essential information to nursing colleagues, doctors and other health professionals
- Commitment to quality improvement and takes an active role in the ISO Certification process to meet ISO9001 standards incorporating Core Standards for Safety and Quality and willingness to initiate and contribute to quality activities
- Adept at fostering positive working relationships
- Ability to identify and analyse options and make informed decisions
- Ability to work with innovative technologies
- A keen interest to maintain up to date knowledge and networking through groups such as OTA and ACORN
- Computer literacy
- Registered Nurse with AHPRA
- Current WWCC or ability to obtain
We offer fabulous Employee Benefits including:
- Flexible working conditions
- Competitive remuneration packages
- Salary packaging
- Comfortable and sophisticated working conditions
- Extensive campus-based Sports & Fitness facilities
Macquarie University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity and social inclusion. We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians; people with a disability; those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; and women (particularly for senior and non-traditional vacancies).
Nurse Unit Manager - Recovery and Anaesthetics (PACU) Position Description
Applications will only be accepted via the Hospital’s online system. Applications will close at 11:55pm on 3 August 2017.
Should you have any further enquiries, please contact Macquarie University Hospital on (02) 9812 3000.
Apply for this Position