Perioperative Evening Floor Clinical Nurse Specialist (Ref No: 1303)
Macquarie University Hospital is Australia’s first and only private not-for-profit teaching hospital on a university campus. Modelled on renowned international university hospitals, our approach to treatment is based on combining the best available knowledge, expertise and technology to ensure our patients receive a comprehensive and integrated service, as well as the utmost compassion, support and care.
Set in the expansive grounds of Macquarie University, amid one of the fastest growing areas of Sydney, this stunning, state-of-the-art facility is conveniently placed within walking distance of the Macquarie University train station and is only 25 mins drive from Sydney’s CBD.
We are seeking a dynamic personality to hold the position of Perioperative Evening Floor Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS). The Perioperative Evening Floor Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) is responsible for the efficient and effective coordination of the perioperative service after hours. The role facilitates the coordination of after-hours surgical and procedural activity, ensuring that key performance clinical indicators are achieved and patient safety is maintained at all times. The CNS is to provide leadership, direction and coordination of patient care, to work collaboratively with the multi-disciplinary health care professionals and consumers of Macquarie University Hospital, and to ensure resources are allocated effectively and efficiently to achieve optimal patient outcomes.
- Demonstrated understanding of Surgical Key Performance Indicators
- Demonstrated understanding of ACORN standards
- Demonstrated motivational, problem solving and leadership skills
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal communication skills within a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrated ability to be innovative, creative and self directed
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities, establish and achieve agreed objectives
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adapt to changing circumstances
- Evidence of commitment to self professional development
- Demonstrated commitment to and working knowledge of Continuous Quality Improvement
- Computer literacy
We offer fabulous Employee Benefits including:
- Flexible working conditions
- Competitive remuneration packages
- Salary packaging
- Comfortable and sophisticated working conditions
- Extensive campus-based Sports & Fitness facilities
Macquarie University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity and social inclusion. We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians; people with a disability; those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; and women (particularly for senior and non-traditional vacancies).
Perioperative Evening Floor Clinical Nurse Specialist Position Description
Applications will only be accepted via the Hospital’s online system.
Should you have any further enquiries, please contact Macquarie University Hospital on (02) 9812 3000.
Apply for this Position