After Hours Manager (Ref No: 1305)
Macquarie University Hospital is Australia’s first and only private not-for-profit teaching hospital on a university campus. Modelled on renowned international university hospitals, our approach to treatment is based on combining the best available knowledge, expertise and technology to ensure our patients receive a comprehensive and integrated service, as well as the utmost compassion, support and care.
Set in the expansive grounds of Macquarie University, amid one of the fastest growing areas of Sydney, this stunning, state-of-the-art facility is conveniently placed within walking distance of the Macquarie University train station and is only 25 mins drive from Sydney’s CBD.
We are currently looking for a dynamic After Hours Manager with experience managing staff and other resources outside of business hours on a casual basis. This position will work closely with the Nurse Manager Workforce and Leadership and Department Heads to ensure the smooth running of the Hospital outside of usual business hours.
Your role will be to ensure the delivery of high quality care in accordance with legislative requirements and professional guidelines. The After Hours Manager coordinates the teams within the Hospital and liaises with Accredited Practitioners and Nursing Staff to ensure the Hospital runs efficiently outside of hours, working to ensure excellent patient outcomes and exceeding doctor expectations.
To be successful in your application you must:
- Be a Registered Nurse with AHPRA
- Have a minimum 5 years of experience within an acute surgical hospital setting
- Have proven ability to manage human, physical and financial resources within a hospital setting
- Demonstrate highly developed customer service focus and excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills
As the successful candidate you will possess:
- Excellent and professional customer service and communication skills, including the ability to effectively manage complaints
- Familiarity with hospital administration systems (Trakcare) and experience managing computerised workflows (including ability to use Microsoft Outlook)
- Quick and accurate data entry skills
- The ability to lead, develop and work effectively in a small team environment (assisting and delegating tasks as needed) as well as liaising with a wide range of internal and external clients
- Knowledge and respect for workplace safety
- Ability to prioritise workflow to meet the needs of the hospital, rooms, and theatres
- Ability to work under pressure, maintaining a high quality service
- Tertiary qualifications in clinical or nursing management
- Previous experience with theatre bookings and in afterhours hospital management in the private health sector will be highly regarded
We offer fabulous Employee Benefits including:
- Flexible working conditions
- Competitive remuneration packages
- Salary packaging
- Comfortable and sophisticated working conditions
- Extensive campus-based Sports & Fitness facilities
Macquarie University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity and social inclusion. We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians; people with a disability; those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; and women (particularly for senior and non-traditional vacancies).
Applications will only be accepted via the Hospital’s online system.
Should you have any further enquiries, please contact Macquarie University Hospital on (02) 9812 3000.
Apply for this Position