Mental Health Nurse (Clinical Nurse Specialist) (Ref No: 1338)
Macquarie University Hospital is Australia’s first and only private not-for-profit teaching hospital on a university campus. Modelled on renowned international university hospitals, our approach to treatment is based on combining the best available knowledge, expertise and technology to ensure our patients receive a comprehensive and integrated service, as well as the utmost compassion, support and care.
Set in the expansive grounds of Macquarie University, amid one of the fastest growing areas of Sydney, this stunning, state-of-the-art facility is conveniently placed within walking distance of the Macquarie University train station and is only 25 mins drive from Sydney’s CBD.
Macquarie University Hospital has an exciting opportunity for a part time (0.8 FTE) Mental Health Nurse (Clinical Nurse Specialist). Based in the General Practice Clinic, the Mental Health Nurse will provide enhanced mental health triage services, emergency mental health care and support, facilitated access to specific mental health services, and support during recovery.
This position will take part in the development, implementation and coordination of mental health strategies to improve and facilitate mental health care of students.
As the successful candidate you will possess:
- Mental Health Nurse registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Authority (AHPRA)
- Sound knowledge and understanding of NSW and National Legislation governing area of practice (e.g. Mental Health Act, NSW 2007)
- Basic first Aid and CPR certificate
- Proven clinical experience in patient assessment, management and recent acute inpatient and or community experience
- Excellent triage skills
- Extensive experience in the provision of mental health care including Medicare processing, completion of mental health assessments, crisis management, general health checks, psycho-education, psychopharmacological and therapeutic interventions based on current evidence-based approaches
- Experience working with culturally and linguistically diverse background
- Proficiency in recording patient care details electronically
- Organisational skills, with the ability to work autonomously within the multi-disciplinary team
- Experience in delivering group education
- High level communication, written and verbal, with demonstrated high level of inter personal skills with clients, their families and all health care professionals
- Computer literacy with common Microsoft platforms and patient management systems
- Demonstrate commitment to community participation and ongoing engagement with consumer
- Demonstrate commitment to participating in the ongoing quality improvement activities of the agency
- NSW Working with Children Clearance
- Experience working in a University environment or with young adults, particularly international students will be highly regarded
- Experience in the planning, provision and evaluation of group-based activities for students, staff and/or the wider community will be highly regarded
We offer fabulous Employee Benefits including:
- Competitive remuneration packages
- Salary packaging
- Comfortable and sophisticated working conditions
- Extensive campus-based Sports & Fitness facilities
Macquarie University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity and social inclusion. We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians; people with a disability; those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; and women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles)
Mental Health Nurse Position Description
Applications will only be accepted via the Hospital’s online system. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Apply for this Position