Registered Nurse – Intensive Care Unit (Ref No: 0000icu)
Macquarie University Hospital is Australia’s first and only private not-for-profit teaching hospital on a university campus. Modelled on renowned international university hospitals, our approach to treatment is based on combining the best available knowledge, expertise and technology to ensure our patients receive a comprehensive and integrated service, as well as the utmost compassion, support and care.
Set in the expansive grounds of Macquarie University, amid one of the fastest growing areas of Sydney, this stunning, state-of-the-art facility is conveniently placed within walking distance of the Macquarie University train station and is only 25 mins drive from Sydney’s CBD.
MUH is seeking a dynamic, confident, experienced professional for the position of Registered Nurse Intensive Care. This 20 bed unit encompasses Adult Neurosurgery, including Cerebrovascular / General Neurosurgery / Spinal Surgery, Cardiothoracic Surgery, ENT, Plastics, Head and Neck Surgery and General Surgery. We also receive acute neurosurgical admissions from hospitals throughout the state as a recognised centre of excellence.
As an experienced practitioner you will display drive and enthusiasm for the delivery of expert clinical care within ICU. You will demonstrate a commitment to actively participate in and facilitate ongoing learning and development as well as a commitment to mentoring and the support of an inclusive nurturing work environment.
As the successful candidate you will possess:
- Current AHPRA Registration
- Minimum of 4yrs Experience in an Adult Intensive Care area environment
- Be able to work unsupervised within ICU to an advanced standard.
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking and initiative
- Evidence of professional development
- Be able to mentor and support junior staff
- Proven commitment to ongoing learning
- Ability to adapt to new technologies.
- Post graduate qualification in Critical Care or speciality area
- Teaching and assessing qualification
- Experience in a leadership role such as clinical team leader/co-ordinator
We offer fabulous Employee Benefits including:
- Flexible working conditions
- Competitive remuneration packages
- Salary packaging
- Comfortable and sophisticated working conditions
- Extensive campus-based Sports & Fitness facilities
- Priority access to Child Care facilities
We offer a modern and progressive work environment involving:
- A highly motivated and enthusiastic team
- The use of the latest technology including state of the art ventilators and monitors
- Computerised information system (paperless documentation system )
- Integrated IV pump system for ease of use and accuracy
- Innovative electronic therapeutic beds
- Supportive learning environment.
Macquarie University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity and social inclusion. We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians; people with a disability; those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; and women (particularly for senior and non-traditional vacancies).
Registered Nurse Position Description
Applications will only be accepted via the hospital's online system.
Should you have any further enquiries please contact Macquarie University Hospital on 9812 3000.
Apply for this Position