Our Grad@MUH Program has been designed for outstanding new graduate Registered and Enrolled nurses who are transitioning from academia to clinical practice. The program aims to develop skills and cultivate exciting career opportunities in a comprehensive and supportive environment which focuses on personal and professional development. Our 12 month comprehensive program will offer to both support and guidance throughout each rotation. The program is structured to ensure that you continue to learn and develop throughout the 12 months.
Another element of our program is the extensive structures development days that you are offered. These days are designed with you in mind, beginning at a novice level. We encourage feedback from these days, to ensure that you are getting the most out of the days and that your development continues.
You will have the opportunity to rotate through the perioperative department encompassing scrub /scout, anesthetics and recovery to ensure that you have a comprehensive experiences across the department.
You will have the opportunity to rotate through a variety of specialties including orthopaedics and spine, neurosurgery and neurology, cardiothoracic, vascular, oncology, medical, gynaecology, general surgery, robotic surgery and plastics. We may also offer rotations through endoscopy and intensive care. You will have the opportunity to rotate through 2 departments in the 12 month period to ensure consolidation of knowledge in each specialty area.
We are looking for the best graduate nurses to join our team. We are committed to providing you with the best start in your new career and as such, we are only able to offer one intake per year to ensure that we are able to tailor a program to your needs.
- Hospital, graduate and department specific orientation
- Time to adjust to processes and competencies
- Ongoing performance feedback with regular appraisals
- Employee benefits such as salary packaging]
Applying for the program
- To be considered you will need to possess the following:
- Completion of study and eligibility to register with the Nurses and Midwives Board of Australia AHPRA as a Registered Nurse
- Be able to undertake 12 months full time employment
- Australian citizen or a current visa which permits full time employment in Australia . Please note sponsorship is not available for student visa holders
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to be able to build rapport with a diverse range of people
- Professional accountability
- Awareness of scope of practice and clinical limitations
- A commitment to ongoing professional development
- A willingness to adopt the Macquarie University Hospital values
2019 New Graduate intake
The new graduate program for registered and enrolled nurses commences in February 2019. Application will open on Monday 18 June 2018.
Applications are to be made via Macquarie University Hospital website. Visit http://www.muh.org.au/careers/current-roles (when applications are open).
- Monday 18 June 2018 - applications open .
- Monday 4 July - applications close (applications received past this date will not be considered in our first round offers).
- Monday 16 July 2018 - applicants will receive interview invitations via email.
- Friday 20 July 2018 - applicants must accept/acknowledge interview application
- Monday 30 July - Friday 17 August 2018 - interviews will take place
- Friday 31 August 2018 -applicants noted of 2nd round placements
- Monday 5 October 2018 - applicants noted of offers
- Monday 15 October 2018 - applicants end date acceptance offer
- Monday 11 February 2019 - commence of employment
Applications will close on Monday 4th July 2018
You can either apply via the Macquarie at http://www.muh.org.au/careers/current-roles when applications are open.
For further information please contact:
T: 9812 3089
The process includes:
- Your application- which includes your CV, cover letter and supporting documents
- The interview
- Reference reports (at a minimum we require 2 contacts or reference documents at the time of interview) Once we have received and reviewed your application you will be notified if you are progressing to the next stage of our recruitment process.
The interview will run for approximately 30 minutes with panel of 3 experienced registered nurses. It will take place on site at Macquarie University Hospital. The interview questions will be a series of scenarios as well as some additional questions which will provide us with the opportunity to get to know you, so that we can shape the program to meet your career goals and interests. You will also have the opportunity to ask questions related to the role, program and hospital. Questions are based on the selection criteria and ANMC competencies. During the interview we will review all of the required documentation.
Following the interviews you will be ranked using a standardized criteria. Factors that may impact your allocation or employment include:
- Availability of positions
- Interview performance
Due to the large number of applicants, we do not provide individualised feedback on the interview process.
- All applicants will need to provide the following original documentation:
- 100 points of identification (including photo id)
- 2 recent references, one must be a clinical reference
- 2 recent clinical practice summaries/reports/summative assessments/clinical placement reviews
- NSW Working with Children Check
- Evidence of residency or current working via allowing full time work
- All international students must bring documented evidence of English Language skills to the interview
- Applications to the perioperative program must be able to provide evidence/exposure to perioperative nursing
All of this information together with your application, cover letter, CV, interview notes, referee reports and pre- employment screening will be reviewed following the interview and you will be notified regarding the outcome. In the event that you are unsuccessful in securing a position in our first round offers, you will be given the opportunity to be added to the second round offers list, in the event that a position becomes available.
For further information please contact:
T: 9812 3089